We help women achieve professional and personal goals through programs, workshops, networking, and friendships. All is achieved through monthly meetings and other sponsored activities. Each BPW organization creates its own unique agenda, but all have the same objectives.
BPW NZ promotes equity for all women in the workplace through advocacy, education and information. With 31 branches nation wide, BPW is the leading advocate for New Zealand women in regards to work-life balance and work place equity issues.
BPW provides members with professional development and networking opportunities, along with participation in lobbying for legislative change on issues important to women and the chance to enroll in BPW’s training programmes which cover a broad range of business skills including women in leadership, refugee & migrant issues, and negotiation techniques.
Our focus is on improving the environment for working women. We have lobbied on issues such as Matrimonial Property, Student Loans, Employment Relations, Disability Strategies, Prostitution Reform, Pay Equity, Health & Safety in Employment, Paid Parental Leave and the Ministry of Women’s Affairs Action Plan for Women.
We work to expand the leadership capacity of our members to enable them to make influential contributions to their community locally, nationally and internationally. BPW believes that increasing the number and quality of women leaders improves our ability to make life better for all women.
- Personal Development
BPW offers a supportive environment where women can work together to share in the personal growth and development process and acquire personal development skills. Our members learn assertiveness, gain self-confidence, find ideas and support, benefit from mentoring and gain encouragement and inspiration from the experience and achievements of fellow members and a wide range of guest speakers.
As working women we face similar challenges and joys in the pursuit of a balance between our professional and working lives. Our members provide each other with support and success strategies that help us grow and change.
- 2011-2014 “Empowered Women Leading Business”
- 2008-2011 “The Power to make a Difference”
- 2005-2008 “New Dimensions of Leadership”
- 2002-2005 “A World of Peace”
- 1999-2002 “Empowering Women for the 21st Century”
- 1996-1999 “Partnerships for the Future”
- 1993-1996 “Taking IFBPW Forward”
- 1991-1993 “Women – Environment and Development”
- 1989-1991 “Women – the Spirit of Enterprise”
- 1987-1989 “Women – The Vital Force”
- 1985-1987 “Youth Today Leaders Tomorrow”
- 1983-1985 “Women in Transition – Strategies for Success: Preparation and Progress”
- 1980-1983 “A Golden Opportunity: Golden Jubilee”
- 1977-1980 “The Challenges to the New Women”
- 1974-1977 “Looking Towards the 21st Century Women …Their Full Potential”
- 1971-1974 “The Significant Seventies”
- 1968-1971 “Human Value in Today’s World”
- 1965-1968 “Developing Channels for Cooperation”
- 1962-1965 “Road to World-Wide Understanding”
- 1959-1962 “Building Bridges between People”
- 1950-1959 “The Trained Women – Her contribution to World Affairs”
- 1947-1950 “The Art of Living Together”
- 1938-1946 “Business and Professional Women and the New Social Order”
- 1936-1938 “The Work of Women in the Modern World in Different Spheres of Business, Science, Art and the Professions”
Women working for women